Friday, June 30, 2006

Overheard in the office

"Hong Kong is the capital of Japan, believe me I know."

*sigh*

While I'm here, I'd like to say how much today's youth are ruined by chat programs and the internet. Since when is it ok to end every sentence with two-five question marks? Like this?????
Why would you use the letters r, u, c, etc to talk to people in a professional environment (chat tech support)? Or should I say ????

What ever happened to saying, "How may I assist you?" versus "wuts wrong??"

How about some grammar, using capital letters at the beginning of a sentence, spelling words correctly, punctuation or polite banter? If you can't spell, it's OK...we have a spell checker. Why do you keep canceling the spell checker?

I'm beginning to think that this is a sign of growing older. As a coworker said, "Those whipper-snappers" are so unprofessional. Have I just gotten to a point where I actually am older and wiser (am I in denial)? It just seems these terrible chat habits are just that...terrible!

1 comment:

Jen said...

i c ur poit... wuzup w/ ppl 2day?