Thursday, October 06, 2005

So, I was thinking...

...how bored I am with life. Yeah, I eat, sleep, go to work, come home, eat, sleep, go to work, come home...well you get the picture. I don't read much anymore (thankfully we've chosen The Chronicles of Narnia this round - a nice quick read meant for children) and I've lost desire to knit.

Faythe has suggested I'm in a knitting slump because I need more yarn.

I like it. I like it a lot.

So while one could feasibly agree I need more yarn, I can't help but glance over at my two *cough cough* bins *cough* of yarn and wonder, but what would I make? True, some of the yarn in my big bin is cheap, acrylic stuff so I really don't have much planned for it. Yeah, I guess I could *gasp* get rid of it. But as far as the other stuff that I bought at sales when the prices were so good, I couldn't just sit by, I'm really not sure what to do with it. Could it be I've become bored of the few things I know how to make? Could it be that I've come to my knits end? Could it be I've been thinking to myself, "why make this when I could buy it?" I guess I'm bored with what I do know how to make but don't have the time, patience, or energy to start anything really big or complicated.

Is it possible my laziness has spread to *oh no* knitting??

*yawn* My, how all this thinking has made me tired. I think I'll go stare at my yarn and think about this a while longer. Yes, I like staring. Staring with glazed over eyes is a good thing. Meanwhile, I'm already thinking about what time I need to set my alarm clock for tomorrow...GAH!!!

Maybe I need to get a life. Yes that's it. While I've considered joining the City of Heroes craze, I'm not really sure if that will help me "get a life." God, I'm so boring. I need a drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lost the desire to knit??? Thats horrrible!! probably only temporary, I'm sure ;)

aimee said...

I'm going through a lot of the same stuff... pre-midlife crisis? I'm not bored, I just can't believe this is all my life is going to be! There must be more than this monotany!!!... did I spell that right?
*sigh*