Thursday, January 11, 2007

Disaster averted!

After some thought, I decided to do The Right Thing and knit several more rows in each panel so the sleeves would fit. While seaming, I realized that I still had to do the edging and I had very little yarn left! I decided to start the edging and use the left over yarn, or even scraps, to seam the rest of the sweater. You can probably imagine how upset I was when I realized I wouldn't even have enough yarn to do the edging! It seems doing The Right Thing solved one problem but created another. I was bitter. Bitter and moaning "Why me!!" in my head. (I didn't want to disturb Apollo with wailing and moaning about yarn.) I did remember knitting a baby bootie with the yarn at one time so I tore the house apart looking for the bootie, thinking I could frog it and use the yarn to finish the sweater. But it was no where to be found. Being 1am and a full day of work ahead of me, I went to bed and sulked myself to sleep.

Today I tortured friends and family with stories about my quandary and options I had. I even made Shawn, who cares nothing of yarn and barely pacifies me with feigned interest, listen to my woe. You see, because I'm using Knitpicks yarn, it's not like I could just go to the store and pick up another ball of that very same yarn. Plus, I'm working against a deadline here! I eventually decided to go to a yarn store and look for a substitute that would be suitable for the edging but could also be tied into the sweater elsewhere, you know, to make it blend.

You can imagine my happiness when I discovered, during a desperate search through handbags tucked into handbags tucked into handbags into handbags, a small plastic bag with half a ball of The Yarn and not one but TWO booties! Poor Mom was on the phone with me at the time and kept yelling, "WHAT WHAT!" while I screamed.


So no Faythe, I won't have to frog anything to get more yarn. And the rest of you, well, you can rest assured I won't be bothering you with any more incessant questions like, "What would you do?" and me telling you why your idea won't work. At least, for now. I'm sure there are more potential disasters in the future.

2 comments:

aimee said...

Yay!!!!! I'm glad you found more. :)

Jo said...

Hey! Couldn't help but pop on...hehehe