Thursday, June 30, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I'm a near yarn snob. I absolutely love good quality yarn! I rarely use brands such as Red Heart. I also don't use eyelash yarns much, I prefer natural fibers.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I can do basic crochet - Thanks for teaching me Grandma! But I much prefer knitting. I like the end result a lot better. I don't spin, thought it might be fun to learn how.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Allergies to environmental stuff, but nothing else that I know of. Some perfumes make me sneeze but not enough to avoid them. :)

4. How long have you been knitting?

I started knitting a couple years ago and gave up because I wasn't comfortable with it. Thankfully, Janet developed an interest and we took a couple classes at a local yarn store this fall. Since then I've been a knittin' foo'.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Hmm...no, but I could get one. I'll try to post an Amazon wish list on my blog soon.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like soft sandalwood and lavendar. Also berrie scents are nice.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Um, yeah. Unfortunately!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I love embroidery (not cross stitch).

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Let's see...I like most kinds of music. Everything from Jazz to hiphop. Just not too much country (though I do dig the Dixie Chicks). I just bought the latest Black Eyed Peas album...thumpin! Yes on both mp3's!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I tend to wear blue, pink, or black a lot. If anything, I love jewel tones though I'm on a pink binge. I really can't stand summer colors (like turquoise).

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

No children, two cats who think they're people and a few fish.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

Well, I would like to go into Intellectual Property in entertainment media. Really, do you want to read about this? I could blah blah blah forever!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I'm really in love felting yarns right now. So far I've used Lamb's Pride (nice and soft, but a little furry) and Cascade 220 (love it but I wish it was soft like Lamb's Pride). I'm also very interested in Berroco's suede and Plush! Anything soft!

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Cheap acrylics, anything that feels dirty (there are some yarns that are plush looking but just feel dirty to me!) or is scratchy.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Actually, I'm on a knitting burnout. I've been feeling kind of down so I haven't really had the desire to knit. Other than that, I guess you could say my current obsession is felting bags. I'd also like to try a lace scarf.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Hmmm...I like difficult things. Or at least, things that are perceived to be difficult, like mittens or socks.

17. What are you knitting right now?

I started a Man Sweater - it's only 2 inches deep. I also have a lace Alpaca scarf that I've been working on for awhile. I work on it during my lunch break. I'm also starting a new purse.

18. What do you think about ponchos?

OK, I made a poncho for Mom at Christmas time and I hated the way it turned out!! It was the basic V type.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I don't think I have a real preference. Whichever gets the job done is fine for me. However, when it comes to socks, I do prefer double pointed as opposed to circular.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Definitely bamboo! I'm curious about wood too.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

Yep!

22. How did you learn to knit?

First, I bought a book. I think it was "I Can't Believe I'm Knitting," Or something cheesy like that. After I gave up, I went to Two Sisters and Ewe to learn even more basic stitches.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Well, I do have Mom's poncho to frog and do over. Stupid poncho!!!

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Let's see...I don't know! I love wild animals. And cats...and, well pretty much most animals. I can't say that I'm a huge animated character fan - they're all cute. Not one sticks out in my mind.

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas!!

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Shelley china, preferably the Dainty shape. Faythe got me started on that one. I also collect yarn and all knitting accessories!! I like a good book too. I'm sure there's more, I'll update this thing when I think of them. :)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None!

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Hmmm....I'm interested in more knitting books. I already have the Stitch n Bitch books and am always interested in more patterns!! I also love fiction that is based on historical fact. Wow, I'll have to research this one some more!!

No comments: