Monday, June 20, 2005

Fathers Day

Well, Fathers Day has come and gone. Woo. I guess it's one of those days I'll never relate to. Some interesting facts Aimee found:

  • 63% of all youths who commit suicide come from a fatherless home


  • 90% of all homeless and runaway children come from a fatherless home


  • 85% of all children who exhibit behavior disorders come from a fatherless home


  • 80% of all rapists motivated with displaced anger come from a fatherless home


  • 71% of all high school dropouts come from a fatherless home


  • 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from a fatherless home


  • 70% of all juveniles in state operated institutions come from a fatherless home


  • 85% of all youths in prison come from a fatherless home

I think we turned out pretty good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rayleen!
I used to owrk at this outreach place in Pacoima, teaching GED prep to young men who had been, you know, "guests of the state." Ahem.

I once took an unofficial poll of my students... not a single one of them had a father figure in the picture during their childhood or contact with their actual father.

Your stats are right on. AND SO FRICKIN' SAD! *sigh*

Hope you are well ... come visit LA... I have wine....