Saturday, August 05, 2006

Shopgirl

I saw Shopgirl with Claire Danes, Steve Martin (who wrote the novel) and Jason Schwartsman today. It was great. It's not an action movie, the comedic scenes are rare. If you're one of those people who like movies that tell you what to think, you probably won't like this movie. It's like a poem. When you first read it, it says one thing. But when you read it again and really pay attention, it says something else.

I liked it so much that for the first time ever, I watched it again but with the commentary from the producer. If you like good grown-up movies, you'll like it too.

2 comments:

Daisy Ditzy Do said...

I liked this one too. Both Steve Martin and Claire Danes were great.

Anonymous said...

Freaky - I watched this on the 5th too! I liked it a lot and am looking forward to reading the book!