Sunday, August 13, 2006

Donut Peaches

Since I'm trying to eat better, I decided our shopping experience today would be a bit different then usual. After we dodged the islands of pastries in the newly remodeled bakery at Food 4 Less (it reminded me of a video game), we headed straight for the fruit and veggies. It was here that I discovered these peaches.


At first I thought they were diseased. But then I saw the sign, "Donut Peaches." Of course, I had to get a couple.

Apollo and I just shared one and to my disappointment, it wasn't quite ripe. I was really excited and forgot to check for ripeness.


But look! Look how cute the pit is next to this quarter! And it tasted pretty good too. Again, though hard to tell because it wasn't quite ripe, it seemed sweet without the usual peach tartness, if you can call a peach tart.

Unfortunately, I think I may be allergic to them. Either that or the plum that I ate fifteen minutes ago is still bothering me. Yes, I can now officially add plums to my list of fruit I cannot eat unless cooked:

apples
cherries
kiwi
plums

Hopefully, these are some "donuts" I can definitely eat!

No comments: