Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Next!

I have three projects in the mix. I started two of them today, and the other one a few days ago on my lunch break. I'm beginning to feel a little self conscious of knitting at work; the engineers are starting to look at me a bit strangely. No longer are they averting their eyes from my knitting. They stare and make small talk (not about knitting). My peers in my own department acknowledge my addiction but don't really have much to say about it. Whenever I show them knitting patterns or prospective projects they give me "that look." You know the look I'm talking about. The one that says "I'll listen but I just don't get it." Kinda like Pastor's face when I show him my knitting, or my face when he talks about cars.

So, back to my projects. I still haven't finished Mom's poncho. What am I talking about, I haven't started! I haven't found the pattern that I'm happy with. So instead I started some smaller, easier projects.

First on the agenda, a reversible lace scarf. I'm using an alpaca blend so it's hard to see the lace due to the fuzz. But it's a good beginner project! After three days, this is all I've finished. It's proven to be a little more time consuming than I anticipated.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Last night I started a sock. I still have no idea what pattern I'm going to use. It has to be something that will go with this rainbow type yarn. Any suggestions? I tried out a wavy pattern, but it wasn't showing with this particular yarn, so I backed up and am now left with the cuff.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And lastly, this evening I started another Sophie purse. I'm using some wonderful Cascade 220 Quatro. I'm excited to see how it's going to turn out after felting.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: