Friday, May 12, 2006

What is TMI anyway?

So a couple days ago I mentioned that my nose was swelling up. Well, it seems there was a pimple, infected hair follicle or something in there. This is bad timing because I also have a really bad cold or some other sort of cubicle disease acquired from work. Anyway, the inside bump goes away but now my nose starts to swell and turn red. I knew it was bigger than I thought when Apollo started singing Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. (Sick people do not have a sense of humor. Don't try this at home. Death threats may ensue.)

This morning after my early-bird shift, I look in the mirror and now the Thing is on the outside of my nose! I squinted at it and saw something black. So I sort of poked at it. With each poke, it got longer! So then I started thinking, well, this is just some sort of gross pimple or blackhead, right? WELL was I WRONG! The black Thing was a hair! I grabbed a pair of tweezers and pulled it out. A hair! From the outside of my nostril! After some investigation, it seems that this hair used to be inside my nose and made its way thru my nostril!

Is this even possible? Can something like an infected hair follicle make a hair migrate from one surface to another? Meanwhile, I don't even need peripheral vision to see my red nostril poking out hugely on one side of my face. Thank God I work from home today.

1 comment:

aimee said...

Ahem. Ew.