Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Update on Elizabeth

Trying to get back into the knit habit, I've been knitting away on Elizabeth. This is supposed to be a knitting blog, after all. Yeah yeah, my personal stories and pics take over, but isn't that what makes it interesting?

I've finished approximately 30% of the body of the bag. I know the handle is going to be quite an adventure - if I remember right, it's a double I-cord! Though the pattern is boring, I wanted to post a pic to compare to the original photo. Last time I took a picture with an oreo cookie for scale. Unfortunately, *cough cough* said cookie and its siblings are long gone. From now on, I'll use a soda can; I'm sure I'll always have one around. Now keep in mind the last pic I showed you was looking from the top down into the bottom of the bag. I'm not sure why I chose that angle so this time I layed the bag down flat.


I also realized if I took a photo of the black bag on a dark background, the stitches would pop out a bit more, rather than looking like a black blob like last time.

This bag is gonna be HUGE before I felt it. HUGE I say!!

Speaking of getting back into the habit (not the greatest segue), I'm contemplating taking an intellectual property class at UCSD. I love going to school and learning new things but I've never done it while working full time. Though it's just one night a week, I'm sure it will be a bit of a challenge to adjust to. While it should help in potential careers or promotions, it will also help with my CLA continuing education requirements. And there's a chance my employer will pay for tuition. Yay! Well, we'll see. :)

No comments: