Sunday, September 11, 2005

Secret Pal Six Questionaire

My answers this time around may be a little bit different, so here goes! (will be updated frequently)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Unfortunately, I've developed an expensive habit. While I don't mind some acrylic yarns, I really do prefer wool, alpaca, etc. I'd like to try silk (I'm ordering some silk, alpaca and cashmere blends from Knit Picks today, can't wait to try them) and other natural fibers. I do have to admit that I made a really cool purse out of some ribbon that wasn't a natural fiber, so I guess I like synthetic yarns after all. :)

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I can crochet basic stuff but I prefer knitting

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Strong perfumes and dust.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Officially, almost a year! I started knitting a couple years ago but stopped halfway through a scarf. I wasn't sure if I was doing it right and really, I wasn't quite addicted so I stopped. Thankfully, my friend Janet asked if I wanted to go to a knitting class. That was the beginning of the end!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have wish lists with both Amazon and Knit Picks; you can do a search using my email address.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
A wide variety: lavendar, berry, clean "cotton" scents, tropical and more. I'm sure I could think of more, but you get the idea. :)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Unfortunately, yes. There are some yummy sugar free sweets though.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery, photography, some Fimo crafts, sewing.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a lot of different music. Blues, pop, country, R&B, classical, jazz. Yes, my computer plays MP3's.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I don't like summer colors, thank goodness fall colors are now in the stores! I also prefer Winter colors over spring, though I do like creams. Blues, pinks, jewel tones...

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Two cats who think they're people and a couple fish. No kids.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To live somewhere I can afford a house, have a job I love and maybe even have a family. Oh yeah, and pay off my student loans.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
So far I love Cascade 220 and Lambs Pride.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
There's this yarn that feels dirty, it's popular in the baby section. It's fluffy but has this dirty feel. I can't stand it! I'm also not a big fan of eyelash yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Felting and socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmm...I don't think I have a favorite. I like knitting things I've never knit before.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A purse, bookmark, two scarves. Yes, they've been a long time coming.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
They're ok. I think they're best for children and skinny people.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Both are fine. I use straight for socks.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo baby! Wood is cool too!

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yep.

22. How did you learn to knit?
A book from WalMart, hehe, and a knitting class.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Er, from December 2004. I might as well come clean - Mom, I don't think I'm ever going to finish the poncho, sorry.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't have a favorite animated character.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Shelley China and other similarly aged china, tea accessories, yarn and knitting accessories.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Yeah!! Check out my Amazon list. :)

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Yes, they're in the books on Amazon.

No comments: