Thursday, September 22, 2005

PetSmart

I went to PetSmart yesterday and looked through their Halloween costumes for the cats. They didn't have anything I was interested in (I saw some others at JoAnn's and got them instead) but I did see some cute outfits in the regular clothing section. Now I have to say, their animal clothes totally crack me up. I mean, how many dogs wear faux fur?? Anyway, one of their simple sweaters was basically a tube...like a leg warmer. It had a strap around the neck area with a pom pom on the back (I'd like to see the dog wearing this one, LOL). Then it dawned on me, I can make this! The leg holes are not complicated at all and this one is a simple rib pattern. I'm sure the ribbing helps with the over-all fit.

While I'm not sure how my cats will react to a turtleneck shirt, it would be fun to make them one. heh. I really am turning into a sad cat lady. Well, as long as I'm crazy too, I guess it'll be OK.

This is the view from the bottom of the shirt showing the neck strap and leg holes. It looks I like can make them by basically making a huge button hole. hmmmm. poor cats.

3 comments:

chris said...

I think you could totally knit that. I think SNBN has a pattern for a similar type of "outfit" if you don't want to wing it. Although I'm not sure the cats will be too thrilled. :)

Daisy Ditzy Do said...

Simba and Zoe would love sweaters. I don't think that you should leave them alone with the sweaters though. =)

aimee said...

hehehehehehe....