Sunday, September 11, 2005

Finally!

After knitting a couple nights on the Elizabeth bag, I used up an entire skein (that's in Cascade 220) and managed to knit the bottom and about 14 rows up. I have two more skeins but I think I may need at least one more. It doesn't look like much but since this is supposed to be a knitting blog, I took this photo with an Oreo cookie for scale. (Not that an Oreo cookie really shows the size but...well I just so happened to have an Oreo cookie in my hand.)

Anyway, this looks like it's going to be a pretty good sized bag. Since it's supposed to be felted, I'm sure it'll be huge when I'm done knitting it. I'm looking forward to an end product though, I really want a good size shoulder bag that I can put books in.

Faythe and I decided to work together to test out some Knit Picks yarn. She and I both ordered several skeins this weekend with the intention of testing them out and rating them for real people i.e. amateurs. Keep your eye out for review on both of our blogs.

I ordered some lace yarn. I really want to try out this pattern for a cowl in Weekend Knitting that Faythe got me for my birthday. It's a really pretty lace pattern that looks the same front and back.

I got a postcard yesterday from a SecretPal 5 Angel - all the way from Belgium! While I've technically been in Brussels (train stopped there but I didn't get off), I don't know what it looks like. The card sure did remind me a lot of Brugge, though, where I stayed for three nights. It is SO pretty there! This is one country I would definitely visit again.


Kimberly sent me the card, thank you Kimberly!! But, I don't know who you are! Can you post your blog url? I'd love to see who you are!

No comments: