Thursday, March 22, 2007

The project that ate up a bit of my soul

So I was confidently knitting along on the pink cable jacket when I realized...well, it sucks. The cabling looks great. I love the cabling and how all the different cable patterns look when mixed together. The problem lies with the cat faces which I intended on turning into a Hello Kitty faces.

After some fist shaking and obsessing over the pattern with Faythe, we decided cables should not be mixed up with stockinette. After all, cables pull in the fabric and make it tighter while stockinette is loose. And it doesn't help when said stockinette is filled with intarsia! Now the cat faces are bunching up and it looks awful! At first I thought it was because the stranding was too tight. While I'm sure it still may be a bit of a problem, when I lay the panel down flat the stockinette area gets all frumpy and bunched up due to extra fabric it's created. ARRRRGH!!

I'm just about done with the back panel but have stopped. The panel sits on the little table next to the couch where I can bitterly look at it every day. I've even started to feel deep-seated resentment. Maybe even some hostility towards Knitpicks Shine, while I'm at it. No real reason.

[photos to be posted here later] ****

Anyway, I've decided to give up on it. I don't think there's anything I can do to make it better. Plus, I'm not taking any anti-depressants and that just may be necessary should I choose to continue.

Meanwhile, now I'm not knitting anything. I truly believe that silly cable pattern has caused some sort of temporary damage. I have no desire to knit. I mean, yes, I want to knit. But nothing appeals to me. I have looked through all my books and blogs and yet, nothing.

I...I don't even want to buy yarn.


****Just as I was about to take a picture, we heard the crash which I posted about above. Hence, something better to take pictures of.

No comments: