Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Yarn war attack!

Monday was a great day. It was my day off and was spent in leisure. Yep, the day was full of relaxation and was quite uneventful up until the mailman banged on the door and gave me a package. As soon as I saw the drawing of a toad farting on a kitty on the bottom of the box, I quickly remembered Faythe telling me she had recently shipped a package with a nice little surprise inside. There was a hole in the side of the box so I peaked in and thought, hey, a clown hat! It looked like the hat was sitting on a piece of Styrofoam or something which was used to help keep shape. Opening the box, I was HORRIFIED to see that it was indeed NOT a hat but one of those crocheted toilet paper covers!! With toilet paper in it!

I'm not even really sure what to say at this point. I mean, I am now a proud owner of a clown hat/toilet paper cover that is so coarse, it feels like insulation. Or at least what I expect insulation to feel like. *sigh* The colors are shockingly bright and the top...the top is covered with a rose. ARGH!


I don't even think this photo does the colors justice. Sure, my bathroom has some bright colors. But I do believe they, and the way they're used for decoration, are used tastefully. Not clownish! My bathroom will not be mistaken for a clown's dressing room.

Even the cats don't like it, Zoe keeps staring at it with her tail slowly swaying in the air, touching it slowly with her paw, and Simba just knocked it off the table - on purpose. The only good thing out of this deal is the freebie toilet paper Faythe used to stuff this atrocity with. So, now what? What do I do with this now??

I decided to leave it in the bathroom, for now. Maybe it will inspire me to come up with a good revenge gift!

1 comment:

aimee said...

I can't even look at it. It scratches my eyes. Ow. Ow. Ow.