Saturday, March 25, 2006

Our first evening in San Fran

For my birthday, Faythe and Ryan generously gave me the gift of a hotel room at The Handlery. I'll take pics later. So far, it seems very nice. The trip has started out interestingly. First, we were on a later flight than I thought. So we left San Diego a couple hours later than anticipated. Then, we got a shuttle from the airport to our hotel - let's just say we were lucky to escape with our lives. Everyone on the van was snickering when the driver got out to drop people off. We were the last people and everyone told us "Good luck" when they got out.

Then, we got to our hotel. We were given a room key and walked into a room with someone elses stuff in it! At first I thought Ryan and Faythe were here. I was excited! But because the ironing board in the room was blocking the door, we decided not to go in. Instead, we returned to the front desk. They gave us the run-around, saying that this was our room and basically said there was nothing they could do. Fortunately, I found Ryan's cell phone number and gave him a call. Ryan called back and talked to them. Shortly, they gave us our new room key to a family suite. I'm not sure if this was due to "stern words" from Ryan (he sounded really annoyed) or of it's all they had left. Either way, we're happy! Now we're off to find food.

With all that has happened, I think this is going to turn out to be an eventful and fun-filled vacation. :) Thank you Ryan and Faythe!! Hey, everone do Ryan a favor and check out his site. He has a whole line of guitar pedals that he's built himself! You can also click on the Toadworks logo in the right column over there. ---->

1 comment:

Faythe said...

Pictures! I want pictures of your family suite!! What happened with the shuttle van??