Saturday, March 11, 2006

The apocalypse aka IT RAINED!

There's been some weather in the So Cal area. Yesterday a tornado touched down in Leucadia, about five miles from work. OK so it was a Cali tornado and it only took out one tree. Nevertheless, it was a tornado! It's also been hailing, raining, snowing, whipping around water spouts, etc. Today it hailed so much that it refused to melt and accumulated in pockets creating the illusion of snow. Shawn swears traffic jams were caused by people slowing down to look at the patches of hail. He's probably right. A box on the side of the road can cause a traffic jam.

Which reminds me, on my way in to work today while in the middle of a downpour, I saw a guy standing on the cement divider between the 805 north and south bound. The divider was splitting into two so he was standing with his legs spread, talking on his cell phone with his long coat flapping in the wind. Oh yeah, and it was POURING. Jill suggested he looked like Neo from the Matrix and she's right!

The weirdest part was the car about 50 feet away that was trying to turn around in the middle of the fast lane. The driver finally gave up (traffic was going slow enough for me to witness all this) and started driving the wrong way in the fast lane. It was all quite surreal. You see this stuff on the news, but never in person.



On the way home from work I stopped at a view point and caught this shot. The sunset really shows off the clouds as Mother Nature geared up for another night of thunder and lightning storms. I can't wait!! I'm hoping it rains, especially since I won't be driving anywhere tomorrow. Then I can enjoy weather from the comfort of my own home.

1 comment:

aimee said...

Up here in Oregon it has been snowing. It was beautiful! It has since stopped, but it was really cool. Yesterday was finally sunny, so I took advantage of the rarity and mowed my lawn. The last time it was sunny, I didn't do it and all my neighbors did... so my lawn was getting pretty long.
I'm very ready for summer though.