Friday, November 18, 2005

Christmas stocking

I went to a knitting class tonight at a local yarn shop. Sadly, Two Sisters and Ewe no longer has a website. I don't know how this is even possible considering we're now well into the 21st century.

I took this Christmas Stocking class with the hope of learning intarsia. I got to the part of the pattern where I needed to start using different colors all within a few stitches of each other and of course, the class came to an end. Carol, our instructor, did give me a few pointers before we all packed up. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure it out before we meet again in two weeks. Actually, I'm hoping to have this stocking done by the time we meet next so I can begin something a little more challenging. I saw a stocking with an antique looking Santa that was gorgeous but supposedly complicated.

I'm a few rows into the color, alternating green, red and tan and am a little disturbed. Should it look this messy on the back? I know I'll be cleaning it up later, but is this what it should look like? I don't think so.

I also learned about bobbins. That's what those round donut shaped things are. They flip open so you can wind the yarn, but close and easily dispense the yarn and help to keep it from getting tangled while you're knitting.

Any tips or websites that give more info on intarsia to the learning disabled (me)?

1 comment:

aimee said...

um, okay... i really like the bobbin.