Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Chicken soup for the soul

Well, at least for my soul. While I've been down and out, I knit up these Mary Jane's from Fibertrends. They're a lot easier to make than you might think. The most complicated part was the strap and that's only because the instructions weren't really clear. Well, that and my thinking is a little fuzzy.

As you can see by the remaining Lamb's Pride skein in the photo, they're pretty big. Huge actually. I'm going to try to felt them tomorrow with the laundry.

This is what they're supposed to look like when felted. We'll see.

If they work out I'll try making some with something that doesn't have any mohair and possibly use a cute button, rather than the simple one called for in the pattern.

Oh yeah, I opted to make these in place of the Fuzzy Feet. They're cuter. I may make the FzF later.

No comments: