Friday, November 04, 2005

Bad things

I woke up with a bad attitude this morning. It all started with a cough, sore throat and raspy voice. Then I started work and that's when things went to hell. Let's just say, I'm pretty disappointed with my job right now.

So I've been working on my Fuzzy Foot for the Fuzzy FeetAlong. Yes you can see I've progressed quite far. The instructions call for circular needles. That's just not going to work for me. I'll switch over to dpn's tomorrow. I'm still loving the color though. It's called Orchid Thistle.

I've also been working on two socks using the Almost Argyle pattern from KnitPicks. Another bad thing. I'm not sure why it's not working out. I mean, you should be able to see the diamond argyle pattern, right? Unfortunately it's really hard to see. I'm not sure if it's because I knit too lose and the edges aren't defined or if it's the color. Maybe the gray isn't solid enough (it's a bit heathered) or is too dark?



This is one sock stretched out with the cuff on the right (I really love the way the Latvian twist turned out), diamond argyle in the middle and the heel flap on the left.

The heel flap is a pattern of K1, Sl1 that makes a pretty yet thick fabric, much better than the usual straight knit. And perfect for an area that experiences heavy wear.

Anyway, I'm going to finish these up and try again with either smaller needles (depending on how big these turn out) or a lighter color. Any suggestions as to why the pattern is hidden?

I guess the dark color was perfect for my mood today.

No comments: