Friday, August 12, 2005

Self: Just Shut Up!

I never thought car shopping could be so stressful. But then again, it's like hell to me. You should see me trying to pick out yarn. Here's an example of what's going on in my head:

"Is this the right color? Would the recipient like a different shade of blue? What is the gauge? Is it soft? I neeeed some coffee. Am I getting the right value for the money? How will it look *squinting* knit up? Do I really have the money? Should I be spending the money? What if the next yarn shop has it cheaper and a better option? I'm hungry. Is it scratchy? What if this yarn is better? Hmm, I kinda like this yarn, but it's more expensive. This blue is nice though, but what about this green? Or this pink? Yes, I think I'll get the pink! Let's see, how many yards does it have? WHAT?? Dammit! OK, I'll get it anyway and modify the pattern to suit the yardage. Definitely. What are you saying, you don't have enough balls. OOOOOOH what about this yarn? Maybe I should get cotton? Or Angora? Or something with a blend? AAAAAHH!"

And then, as I make a decision, I walk by a different section of yarn and start all over. Seriously. People, I have a problem with making decisions. I just want to get the best purchase for my money and my situation. So when it comes to buying a car, I want to get the best I can get after I have researched the item to death. And I don't want to regret it later. *sigh*

Seriously, I annoy myself. I cannot be trusted with decisions. Meanwhile, I'm going to go look at a Prius today. My head is already starting to hurt! :)

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Can't wait to hear what you think about the Prius :)