Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Introducing My New Betta's

These guys don't have names yet, but they do have personality! The guy on the right is the more aggressive of the two. Other than the usual flare up, he also sashays along side the tank and does a sort of quiver. The little guy on the left was afraid the first couple days, so I angled their tanks so they couldn't really see each other. Once he realized he was safe, he would face off regularly with the other fish.


They have a lot more red than this photo shows. The fish on the right has a lot more green and blue in his coloring. I believe these two are considered crown tails, though I'm not positive. I got lucky and found them at a local fish store, Fountains.

If you live in San Diego, I suggest visiting Fountains. Even if you don't want any fish, it's a great place to visit as a field trip for yourself or your kids. Not only do they have a beautiful array of fresh water fish, but salt water fish as well. They're also professional and know what they're talking about.

No comments: