Sunday, November 26, 2006

Just a taste of our meal

We had all the traditional food Apollo likes to cook including macaroni and cheese, bread rolls, cornbread and sausage stuffing, greens, ham and pies purchased locally, Harvest Pumpkin and Dutch Apple.

Though I'm not a fan of stuffing, I was impressed with Apollo's rendition. He added chunks of sausage and corn. It wasn't gooey like all other stuffing I've been exposed to.


The ham was, and even now several days later, juicy and flavorful. Once, the juice from the ham just happened to drip on the rice in one of my left-over meals. It was pine-applicious.


The Harvest Pumpkin pie was very rich. It's comprised of a layer of the usual pumpkin followed by some kind of creamy pumpkin mixture and whipped cream. Delicious but must be consumed in smaller servings than usual.


Other than eating, the day was filled with football, knitting (odd combo) and lounging. Happily, I didn't over-eat. Frankly, the traditional Thanksgiving meal is getting quite boring to me. I guess it's because these particular food items aren't my favorite. I just may have to start a new tradition, much to Apollo's displeasure I'm sure. Maybe carne asade burritos or something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was all VERY yummy! Great job Apollo!

Faythe said...

I am very curious about that pie...