Sunday, November 12, 2006

Apollo's sweater, take 2

After a half hearted attempt some months/years ago and due to some spoken and unspoken peer pressure, I finally cast on 200+ stitches last night and am happy to report I've knit a little over an inch. I'm using EZ's (heretofore referred to as Elizabeth Zimmerman) Seamless Hybrid sweater recipe in the round and am looking forward to actually completing it, if not a bit apprehensive about the shoulder area and neck. I've yet to decide what or if I'm going to add any special patterns later using a second color. Fortunately, I have time before I get to that point.


As you can see, it's black. This is the most acceptable "color" for a manly man, so he says. I was also instructed not to knit any texture. Somehow, this is not manly. I have no problem with smaller items....the commitment to a sweater is almost too much. Argh, the agony!

No comments: