Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Yet another notch in my belt towards yarn-crack nerdom

Only I can get so excited about something like a fabric steamer. I've been wanting one for quite a while, do you realize how hard they are to find? I ended up getting one at Wal Mart of all places.

(Oh by the way, thank you "Luce," for not taking the steamer to the customer service desk like you said you would over the phone.)

Since I was feeling a little hostile after my trip to Michaels where screaming children mocked their parents and a grandma who was practically hysterical about the lack of her TLC yarn (I had a brief glimpse into my future) snapped at the manager ("Yes, I can see with my own eyes that you're out, I do not need you to tell me that."), I was pretty edgey about my steamer. Fortunately, I found it sitting by itself on a shelf near some irons. It was out of my reach (damn tall people anyway!!) but Apollo managed to grab it for me. *phew* Disaster averted.

Anyway, I now have my Conair Fabric Steamer (which looks rather alien) and I can start blocking things. I can't wait. Yes, yet another notch in my belt and one more item to help me with my obsession. Speaking of obsession, lately I've been thinking about getting furniture that will "work" with my yarn-crack. I've actually been planning out furniture in my head that I can store the yarn in! Most people pick a theme, scheme, or color. Me? I have yarn-crack and yarn-crack devises.

Peeved update: I just opened the box. Surprise! It's already been used and apparently long term!! There's a nasty lime or fungus build up inside the cannister and water stains all over the outside too! I'm pissed!

No comments: