Thursday, February 16, 2006

Baby got back?

Here's the beginning of the baby sweater I'm trying to work on. This is my first object that isn't worn on the head, around the neck or foot.

Of course I've already ripped out both panels and knit them again. There was something extremely wrong and I wasn't sure which panel it was, so I frogged 'em both. Then I knit them a few rows at a time so my stress knitting would be in the same areas on both.

You can see the neck forming at the top...the space down the middle is where the buttons will be eventually. The raglan sleeves are supposed to make it a more comfy fit on the shoulders.

Anyway, I'm happily working on the back right now and am hoping to have this simple cardigan done soon. After all, Jen is having her baby in about a month. Good thing this is made from a 12-month-old. That should buy me some time!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Pretty cool :) I can't wait to see it on the baby (a year from now.. heheheheh).