Thursday, January 01, 2009

I can hear Faythe chanting, "Rip, rip rip!"

I'm knitting some socks for my Aunt Lillian out of Colinette Jitterbug Moss but unfortunately have run out of yarn within a few inches of completing the second sock. After some surfing, I learned this is common with Jitterbug, the whole being a bit skimpy on the yardage issue.


So I have three options here:

1) Buy a whole new hank of yarn to complete the second sock.

2) Rip out the toe on the first sock and hope it's enough to complete the lace of the second sock, then use a different color to knit both toes.

3) Rip all the way back to the leg on both socks and shorten the leg, therefor guaranteeing I have enough yarn for the foot. I'm just crazy enough to do this, too.

Well, I don't think I'll buy any more, even though I love the yarn. Let the ripping commence!

No comments: