Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas shopping (don't forget the knitting)

I know it's not even December, but already have at least half my Christmas shopping done. I started out this summer picking up a few items here and there, storing them in The Christmas Drawer. People thought I was crazy but it's really helped! It's given me time to, you guessed it, knit! Oh, and experiment with yarn I wouldn't normally buy.

For example, I recently decided to try out some of the medium weight Socks that Rock. Well, I don't think I like it. It's just so dang thick! I bought it for a specific pattern but after I started working it, realized I could just as easily adjust my gauge and use the lightweight.


Though I suppose people that live in colder climates would like it, I think I'm going to stick with the lightweight, which is still thicker than most other sock yarns.

Speaking of shopping, I went to Michael's today and hit the mother load of all sales! OK well maybe not quite the mother load but nearly everything I bought was on sale. We used coupons on the only two items which weren't on sale.

I've also decided to do most of my holiday shopping online again this year. It was such a success last year and really helped to alleviate any stress. I also think it saves me money since I'm not picking up any extra items that might catch my eye in the stores.

One of my latest finds is the Apple store filled with refurbished iPods. They come with the warranty and look just like new. There's other refurbished Apple stuff if you're interested. If you're looking for other deals, try SlickDeals.net or FatWallet.com. Good luck!

No comments: