Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A Meme About Firsts

Faythe tagged me. I let a poop story sit on my blog for a bit before I posted - it's a must read, do scroll down! Also, don't forget to check out the Red Circle of Death for stories about other crazy people I may or may not be related to.

Who was your FIRST prom date? Um, Faythe? *ashamed*

Do you still talk to your FIRST love? No. Bastard!

What was your FIRST alcoholic drink? I don't really remember. After my first drink there was a lot more drinking, everything is kind of fuzzy around that time. Maybe tequila? Or Boone's?

What was your FIRST job? I worked at the Forest Service as a receptionist via Looking Glass, a program designed to help poor kids realize there is more out there.

What was your FIRST car? My Uncle Scotty dropped off a Pontiac in our parking lot at school one day, saying it was mine. I was a bit freaked out, I didn't know how to drive and Mom refused to teach me. That may have had something to do with her fear of us finding our freedom. Anyway, we ended up selling the car after my uncle's so-called friend took some of its parts to use for himself. I didn't learn to drive until much, much later though I did drive Mom's truck around later. There may or may not have been at least one incident involving a tree, the truck and a scared shitless dog.

Who was your FIRST grade teacher? I don't know, I think it was someone at Brattain Elementary though. We moved a lot.

Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? San Francisco.

Who was your FIRST best friend and are you still friends with them? Faythe - we chat almost daily online. I already rue the day I am employed again and am not allowed to go on line. I just know that will happen to me since I am addicted to the Internet.

What was your FIRST sport played? We weren't allowed to play in sports because we 1) lived too far away, 2) it cost money and 3) grew up as Jehovah's Witnesses and were not allowed to do anything that may take our attention away from that religion.

Where was your FIRST sleep over? I'm not sure. Does sleeping at Grandparents count? Because we moved a lot, I don't remember any sleep overs until we settled in at Indian Creek. We stayed at Emily's and Faythe's quite a few times.

Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? Jamie and Virgil from college. Jamie and I were fellow flutists. I think her Mom hates me. This may have something to do with the dress they made me wear last minute, after I purchased a different dress, and my refusing to pay for it. Look, I cannot be held accountable for people changing their minds last minute, especially when I am on a budget.

What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? Weighed myself and sneezed. A lot. Damn allergies. I got some of the special type of Sudafed today that can be used to make meth, it took about ten minutes just to get my name in the system for one box!

What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? I can't remember his name, but it was someone who was in daytime soaps. The concert was free at the county fair.

FIRST tattoo or piercing? Tattoo - a heart with a music note in it. I know, it's so blah. But it was a symbol of freedom from my childhood. Plus I got it at a discount because the tattoo guy had the hots for Faythe. She got a spider. Mom had our ears pierced young. I think I was four or five. I still remember the earrings too. She had a friend pierce my ears with a needle and a potato (used to sandwich the lobe, I think).

FIRST foreign country you went to for vacation? Amsterdam. After college graduation, I took a three week trip to backpack through Europe. I had no idea where I was going or what I was going to do. I had a Euro pass, a ticket to Amsterdam and a copy of "Go Europe." I chose countries on a whim, to get away from mosquito's and dropped in on unsuspecting relatives, one family of which did not speak English.

What was your FIRST run in with the law? I was pulled over twice in one night because my tail lights were out. The first time, the sheriff told me to drive home with my emergency lights on and get the tail lights fixed as soon as possible. He was pleasant to talk to. The second cop, the one cop in Monmouth, saw me coming and waited for me on the border of the small town. He had a real attitude and looked for anything he could give me a ticket on and even called in to see if my story about the sheriff was true. He said it was illegal to drive with your emergency lights on. Eventually he let me go but not until I gave him some attitude and played my Prince music loudly while he talked to me. Oh, I was such a rebel. LOL.

When was your FIRST detention? Let's see. Was it because our entire senior class skipped school, using permission slips from our parents and having the balls to ride in to school on a school bus before walking off campus past the principal who warned us? Or the time I got in trouble because I was head camp counselor and I knew several people snuck on camp grounds, had a party and ate some food in the kitchen without permission? Oh, I didn't get detention for either of those, I chose suspension instead.

What was the FIRST state you lived in? Oregon.

Who was the FIRST person to break your heart? Sigh. Let us not speak of it.

Who was your FIRST roommate? Carrie, a classmate from high school. What a horrible mistake that was! We weren't even friends in high school, I don't know why we thought it would work in college. She said I caused her to have high blood pressure. Whatever! At least I didn't spend all my time sucking up to all the popular kids. Plus, I tested out of math (so much for all those extra math classes she took from community college during high school) and I graduated with a real degree.

Where did you go on your FIRST limo ride? I vaguely remember a limo ride in high school but beyond that, nothing. Maybe I was with Faythe and Matt? I must have drank those brain cells away.

Who will be the FIRST to repost this? Jen or one of the other Rayleen's? Hey, you other Rayleen's....leave your blog URL! :)

3 comments:

A. Malcontent said...

Hey, I didn't know you were going to count me as your date for prom! Awww.

Also, I had forgotten you were with me and we got tattoos together, my second one, your first one. I don't remember that the guy had the hots for me. Hmm.

Stephanie said...

I stole this from Briana's blog but I played too. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, otherwise I would. I don't think I have the technical savvy to pull it off.