Sunday, April 22, 2007

A sweater for Apollo

Some time ago I started knitting a sweater for Apollo using the Manly Sweater pattern from Stitch n Bitch, The Knitter's Handbook (SnB). I'm not sure why I stopped. I guess I got bored. Or maybe it's because I was caught up in Christmas stocking knitting frenzy.

After Christmas, I started another sweater using math from an Elizabeth Zimmerman book and after knitting several inches, ended up successfully knitting a hoola hoop. It was at that time that I gave up the idea of a sweater for an adult sized human being.

Well, after watching Faythe's many sweater accomplishments, I decided to give it another go. I looked over several patterns, none of them meeting either Apollo's masculine (read: boring) requirements or peaking my interest. Finally, Faythe reminded me about the Manly Sweater from the SnB book. I showed it to Apollo and he gave it two thumbs up. Next, I showed him some yarn colors to choose from and these are the options he approved:



ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!

I guess I'll just stick with the black yarn I've already purchased and add a couple stripes (man approved) in one or more of these other colors. I did note that these colors seem to match his favorite mustard colored pants and Timberland boots. There are no coincidences when it comes to Apollo's likes and dislikes.

After this sweater, I'm making something with color. Even if it's not on the approved list!!

No comments: