Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Finally...


Well, here it is..my new car! Good thing I got the car when I did too. A week before, The Little Car That Could was taken to the mechanic where I was given an $1,800 estimate for a valve and rings. Well, basically we were told she needed "a whole new motor." :(

She drove around on three cylinders in the neighborhood within a five block radius after that. Due to her illness, we couldn't trust for long distances. Or anything that required driving up hills. Or exertion. Or normal driving.

The day I picked up the new car, I was also supposed to pick up Aimee at the airport. Well, the one hour wait for the car turned into three hours and poor Aimee was freaking out at the airport. By the time I picked her up she had those big watery eyes. You know what I'm talking about. (Think Precious Moments meets Anime.) But we fed her some Mexican food and she felt better.


Anyway, the next plan is to get some tinting for the windows. The guys have joked about those wheels with spinners, but I think these chromes are ghetto enough. :)

I'm still adjusting to the V6 (the pedal is sensitive!) and size of the car but I'm definitely in love!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I was right, you got a camry :) I see that you got the SE model, good choice! We got our camry last December and we still need to get the windows tinted! I feel so naked.

Karen said...

Welcome to the Toyota Family!! Hope y'all have many happy years together.

Karen said...

Your new baby is so beautiful!!!

Faythe said...

I second Karyn, welcome to the Toyota family! My dad's first car was a Toyota, and he had that car for 20 years. Sure, it had rusted out holes in the floor, but it still ran great. And my 'new' car is, as you know, also a Toyota. Toyotas Rule! BFFs!