Monday, November 08, 2004

Cable knit

Ah, well...nothing too interesting today. I went to the gym, of course. I wasn't able to use the elliptical so I tried something new. I used the treadmill on grades 8, 10, and 12 for 60 minutes! It was tough, but I burned a lot of calories. I also tried out the stair climber. Not exactly my favorite, but it was satisfactory.

Calories burned: 1000

I started a new hobby this fall: knitting! I'm very excited about this. Of course, I get excited easily. Anyway, since I go to knitting class tomorrow night, I thought it would be good to look for a pattern that I want the teacher to help me with. I hate to waste time or money, so if I go to class....they better teach me something I don't know! I found a cable pattern that I'm interested in and thought I should give it a go. If all else fails, I could have the teacher show me how to read it. Well, to my surprise, it's much simpler than I thought!! Consequently, I have a sample cable swatch to show Janet, my knitting buddy. I can't wait to use it in a pattern!

No comments: