Friday, July 04, 2008

Movie: Wanted

We bought our tickets to Wanted knowing it would would be as unbelievable as The Matrix but we had no idea it would go even further! The ridiculousness of the stunts and other space bending activities caused most people around me to snort and snicker, but not in a "I'm being entertained" way. It was more of a, "I can't believe they're trying to sell this shit to me, I mean, yes I know it's fake but c'mon!"

And then there was James MacAvoy's frequently screaming of "Oooh sshiiiiiiiiiit!" in a nasal American accent. I can still hear it ringing in my head. It's awful.

It took a while for me to realize the level of gore in the movie. Then again, it probably falls under the "This is disgusting, please pass the popcorn" heading. So if you're the average movie goer, it won't bother you. But if you plan on bringing your kids, you may want to give that another thought. Speaking of kids, someone did bring their baby to the movie. A BABY! And yes, it did cry. *sigh*

The plot was fine and had a great twist. Oh, and the last few seconds of the movie? Dumb. You'll know what I mean when you see it. Don't worry, this won't ruin your movie experience. I hope. hehehe

On another note, the camera did zoom in on Angelina's face as much as possible and long enough for me to take notes on how the artists applied her makeup. She looked gorgeous and sexy, even if a bit skinny.

My rating: Not theatre worthy, wait for the DVD.*



*(I have strict movie standards because by California standards, I am po.)

No comments: