Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mega Boots socks 99% done

Pattern: Yarn Harlot, basic sock
Yarn: Mega Boots Stretch 701

I used Yarn Harlot's basic sock pattern with a 2x2 ribbing for the leg. One sock has the cuff turned down. Though the leg looks awfully skinny, it stretches out nicely.
When I first found this yarn, I was so excited about it I bought three balls. Now that I've actually completed the socks, I'm not really looking forward to knitting with it again. It's hard to see the stitches when I'm picking them up (though this could be a blessing in disguise) and the yarn keeps snagging. Plus, it's a bit coarse. However, I did buy a ton of it so I'm sure I'll find something to do with it. Plus, I like the intertwined colors.
Discretely hidden in the photo, I haven't sewn in the yarn tails yet - I can't find my darning needles! I know they're here somewhere. After all, I did use them to kitchener the toes. Argh! Meanwhile, I consider the socks finished enough to post here. I'll be shipping them to Aimee once I find or buy some more needles.

1 comment:

aimee said...

Woo-hoo! I'm ready!! :D