Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Love Gansey's

This week we discovered our Night Jasmine plant stuffed away in the corner of the patio, blooming like crazy! We moved it next to the patio door so the scent can waft in and boy does it. Sometimes it catches us off guard with its sweet smell.

I finally finished the I Love Gansey socks available through the Six Sox Yahoo group. I used Artisan Sock Yarn in Tulip. I'm quite pleased with them, if I must say so myself. The only change I made was to do one less set of repeats on the leg portion since the recipient likes shorter legged socks.














The only problem with the pattern is you can't really see the seed stitch hearts. (Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, but how can you do seed stitch wrong?) I'm concerned that when worn they will stretch even further and be even more unrecognizable.

This yarn is really pretty though. I'm not sure if you can see it, but even though this is a solid yarn there are subtle variations in the color. Really nice. I purchased even more Artisan Sock Yarn recently so you'll see more of this soon. Yes Chad, more yarn and socks! :)

Meanwhile, the scent of jasmine makes me want to go buy more flowers, even though I swore off crowding my patio with plants. It's nice to catch the scent of something foreign to the city.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, nice socks. Love them !

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.