Sunday, January 20, 2008

Hate yarn? Avert your eyes beyotches!

OK, so I will be the first to admit that I've been in a but of a funk lately. But rather than go into the details, let's talk about how I'm replacing food with yarn!! (YESS! Now if only I could get off my fat ass, maybe I can lose some weight.)

I've wanted to knit socks these past couple weeks but haven't had the brain energy left to even think about patterns. Then it dawned on me. Why not use yarn that creates its own pattern?

Last night after cruising for yarn online, it didn't take much (or any) arm twisting to pick up some more Hazel Knits Artisan Sock yarn. I'm learning to think outside of the box and try out something other than solids and thankfully, her yarns don't do any weird pooling that will cause me to rip out my hair. I placed my order at Hazel Knits (that's Weekend Warrior over there, can't wait to see how it turns out) and decided to do a drive by at Jimmy Beans Wool.

It was then I realized there were only a few hours left to the day before the next months Lorna's Laces limited edition yarn would be available for sale!

And then I did something stupid.

Even though I was so tired I felt dizzy and standing up after laying down made me nauseated and dizzy and even though I had no idea what the new limited edition yarn would look like, I decided to stay up until midnight just in case I wanted some. Especially since last month it sold out pretty quickly (I read one day). Yep, my dedication to yarnage has proved to exceed my desire for good health, sanity and sleep induced happiness. Long story short, the yarn wasn't on the site at midnight so I went to bed.

Sadly, the first thing I did this morning when I got up early (because a certain neighbor can't help but stomp around upstairs and make the windows vibrate loudly until I wake up) was check their site and there it was, SWAK in all its February-esque glory!

I've been waiting to purchase Duet Chocolate Crunch for months now and it's always sold out. SWAK seems to be the substitute I was looking for! I immediately placed an order along with a few other colorways I've been drooling over for months.

Meanwhile, poor Apollo will probably have to deal with my crankiness for another day since I can't take a nap while the Chargers/Patriots game is on. That's just crazy talk!

Maybe I'll surf on over to KnitPicks and check out their needles while I wait for my yarn to come in. I just got paid!! Who's going to stop me?? HAHAAHAHAAH#A@!!!

No comments: