Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Movie: The Kingdom


I was at work today when an email came in, sent to the entire company. It read, "Free movie tickets to the first person that responds." I responded right away and got them! I then learned they were for a movie two and a half hours later. In fact they were for a screening of The Kingdom which is scheduled to release this Friday! I hustled, left work a little early, picked up Apollo and we got to the theater in time to see a line that wound down the block and around the corner. We joined the couple hundred people and were ushered into the theater, had some swag thrown at us by some local radio stations, listened to some grown women hooting and whistling behind us and about fifteen minutes later, the show started.


It was outstanding! There were a few short laughs, but mostly it was suspenseful, dramatic and sad. At one point I was so scared, I was shaking and my fingers were cold from fright.

Without ruining the movie for you, it was awesome. Don't even bother leaving for a moment even to use the bathroom. It was tense but if you don't mind sitting on the edge of your seat and getting a little choked up (yes, even you guys), this is the movie for you. I'm looking forward to it coming out on DVD.

I give this one an A+

No comments: