Monday, September 03, 2007

Knitting slump

Like Faythe, I've been feeling a bit anti-knit lately. It's not that I don't want to knit, I do. I think part of it was caused by some new yarn I bought in Eugene.

It's Mountain Colors Bearfoot yarn and feels absolutely wonderful. My feet are going to love it! The problem is I chose a dark colored yarn so it's hard to see stitches. Every pattern I've tried is hidden in the dark stitches. It's much darker than in the photo above. I'm also having problems with it splitting. It may be due to the fact I'm trying to convert over to KP's nickel plated dpns. They're slick and I'm accustomed to safe bamboo. I'm going to keep knitting them but it'll be slow going.

A couple days ago I saw the Yarn Harlot's beautiful Early Grey socks, picked up some Socks that Rock Rose Quartz yarn that I've been saved for a special occasion and started knitting. I ran into some problems with one of her abbreviations but after much obsessing with my good buddy Google and on KnittersReview.com, figured out an alternate (hers still works, it just didn't work for me) and was on my way. Well, NOW I've realized the colors in the yarn may be hiding the pattern! ARGH! I'm going to go pick up some lunch but when I come back, it's either do or die for Earl!

And in case you couldn't tell, Zoe REALLY WANTED TO BE PET. By the time I took this last picture, she was extremely annoyed, meowing loudly and laying on the knits. I'm obviously a poor cat servant!

No comments: