Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Life giving water!!

So, I've been having a hard time drinking all the water in my weight category. In the beginning, I was having a hayday drinking 24 glasses a day, these past couple of weeks I've been lucky to get three a day!

Late last week, I started drinking 40 oz of water in the morning on my way to and from the gym. Trapped in the car, what else am I going to do? I have a case of water on the back seat and whenever I want more, I reach back and grab a new bottle. It has become apparent that if I drink as much water as possible while in the car in the morning, that I have less to drink later in the day! And it's easy for me to forget to drink water when I'm busy doing stuff, so the early morning drinking is the best thing for me.

And of course, I always have at least 16 oz with my meals. I'm not sure how valid this is, but it seems that if I drink water with my food that it will digest easier and quicker. That's probably not realistic but it feels good to me.

We all know that we need 64 ounces of water a day. But don't forget; for each 25 pounds you are overweight, you need an additional eight ounces of water.

On a side note, Laura pointed out that several people in the First Place group have lost enough weight to decrease our water requirement by eight ounces!

Oh, and one more thing...God loves you!

No comments: