Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Embossed Leaves

I LOVE this pattern and am looking forward to knitting these again. I've had my eye on the Embossed Leaves pattern for quite a while but was intimidated by the pattern. After some fellow Ravelers decided to do a Knit Along with this pattern, I was ready! Though the leaf motif will look great with any color, I knew I had to use some beautiful green yarn I had just purchased from Hazel Knits.

The pattern starts out a little cantankerous, what with it's wonky 1x1 Rib Cast-On. But once you get past that (I don't like change so it took me a few tries), it's surprisingly fast. I made two modifications. The first was to use a sturdy heel rather than a plain stockinette because I've heard that the plain heel is quite loose for most people, plus the sturdy heel design really works well with the leaves. The other was that I didn't break the yarn in the gusset section. Why cut perfectly good yarn? I'm also extremely pleased with the star toe. It really helps to put an end to the leaves, so to speak. I'm curious to see how it looks on an actual pair of toes though.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh yeah - those are gorgeous! Euphorbia is a perfect choice. I had to come over here from Ravelry to gawk.

Jen said...

Beautiful socks... When do I get my pair ;)

aimee said...

They're so pretty!!! She's going to love them! :)

aimee said...

Oops. That was me (a).