Saturday, April 05, 2008

A couple knits

Today is my Friday and I'm making good on my time to myself by regressing into my little cave I call my apartment and attempting to finish up the Embossed Leaves socks. They're for my aunt whom I've heard has been feeling down lately so I want to get them finished as quickly as possible. I was finishing up the last round of the leg when I realized something was wrong. Long story short, there was a lot of ripping and angry mumbling as I realized I missed a yarn over about 18 rows down. Nooooooooooo!

I decided to rip a group of rows out at a time on each needle. I'm just about finished with all the careful ripping. And I was so close to the heel!


I guess you would call this the "pea" of the Peapod baby sweater I'm attempting to finish for a coworker's baby that's due in...well I don't want to think about it. I'll just do what I can do and if I have to give it to him after the baby's born, then fine. Thankfully I'm knitting it at the 12 month old size so it won't be worn any time soon. Cute stitch though!

No comments: