Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hole in the Wall

I stumbled upon this show last week and almost didn't watch it because I thought it was some sci-fi program. It turned out to be the American version of a popular Japanese game show, Hole in the Wall. I watched, stunned to see people dressed in shiny silver spandex. And let's face it, it may be even a bit more intriguing than the original considering there are a lot of us Americans who shouldn't be anywhere near spandex.


My intention isn't to be cruel but let's face it. Most of us know our limits. Others will push them for 30 minutes on prime time and a few thousand dollars.

The goal is to fit through a hole in the wall that is moving towards you. These holes are not shaped for normal people, let alone those who should not wear spandex.

The shapes may range from workable to ridiculous. And when they don't fit (not if, when), the wall breaks apart and they fall into a pool of water.

Another reason to not be caught dead wearing silver spandex. It's not flattering from any angle. You can ask Faythe about the camel toe she saw. On a man.

I expect to find much more crap like this to watch in the near future, considering I'm getting layed off on Tuesday. OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY.

No comments: