Monday, May 05, 2008

Fun cow fact for Faythe

So today I went to Needlecraft Cottage to pick up some needles and walked out with extras, as usual. I decided to try two new yarns, something that's more suitable for summer. Of course I have no idea what that is, but I just wanted to try something new and any excuse to buy more knitting-crack is a good one.

The first yarn I chose is Maizy which is 82% corn fiber and 18% elastic nylon. It feels like soft cotton and looks like it will require a smaller needle I'm hoping to make something for my aunt who appreciates the more earthy things in life. You know, like medical marijuana.

The other yarn is Panda Silk in "Denim Tones." It's 52% bamboo, 43% superwash merino wool and 5% combed silk. The silk gives it a nice shine, the bamboo gives it that cottony feeling and I'm sure the wool makes it strong. And you know what? It stinks! OK, well not that bad but it definitely has it's own unique odor.

After I finish up these baby socks I'll cast on. I've decided I'm going to miss my self imposed Mothers Day deadline anyway so I might as well cast on a couple more pair and send them all at once.

Meanwhile I just saw Mike Rowe artificially inseminate a cow on Dirty Jobs. Did you know they stick their arm in the cow's butt? They do so they can feel for the uterus. Then they stick the little metal stick (it's super thin) in the cow's hoo hoo and drop off the semen. Fun!

No comments: