Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dust mites and so on

With a new AC unit being installed at work and my expectation that the guys will be fighting over climate control, I decided to make some fingerless mitts. I've made some minor changes to a pattern found online and if all goes well, I'll make some for Mom too. And maybe Faythe too if she asks nicely. I'm happy to finally use this yarn I received from a Secret Pal exchange. It's Landscapes Fire Island, 70% alpaca, 30% silk. And believe me, it's nice and soft and shiny.

So you know, I've been sick for a little over a month now. I even worked from home for almost a week because the AC at work was causing me to become even more congested. I was beginning to think I was a sad, pathetic, sickly person. After a while, I wondered why Apollo hadn't gotten sick too. Of course, I didn't want him to get sick but I thought it was odd. I finally put two and two together and realized that I'm suffering from an allergic reaction to dust mites caused by a construction site near by (bastards!). Oh sure, I had a cold for a couple weeks but I'm now convinced these damn mites that are now the cause of my suffering. I started taking Claritin D yesterday and already feel tons better. I still have "issues" but hopefully with my new drug, they'll be cleared up by Monday and not affected by AC War. Hopefully.

No comments: